Call this rain?

Friday, December 08, 2006

Sorry - we are still here

Erm

sorry about that. Not lost in the staggering oh 3 inches of snow we had, but rather preoccupied, principally with power calculations, and Fleisch reading ease indices.

Actually work has been rather busy until this mid-week but progressing well. Anyway lots of news since last time. Angela's stay was fun, highlighted for me by the wonderful Thanksgiving feast prepared by our landlady and friends, we also very much enjoyed the lighting of the Seattle Christmas tree.

The visit was ended by snow - something for which Seattles unfamiliarity breeds a complete lack of capacity to deal with. Angela's total trip from our house to the airport was three hours, including a taxi ride from downtown which was somewhat interesting. My journey back though took 7 hours - including 4 just getting out of the airport. The problem was ice. The on-ramp for the I5 resembled the Cresta run, albeit one with cars abandoned in a ditch.

This week has been one of real blessing. I've finally passed my Washington State driving test having rather embarassingly failed first time (don't ask), my proposal for research has been broadly supported by the ethics committee (it went better than I thought), we've found a pre-school for Charlotte, and United march on.

Tomorrow we get out Christmas tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home